Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Introduction

I've been playing video games my entire life, at least, as much of it as I can remember. I was born in the late 70's and my parents had an Atari 2600 and an Odyssey 2, and some various handheld games. My brother and I would spend hours playing Pitfall!, Pickaxe Pete, and KC Munchkin. We also had various early computers that let us play some great text adventures, and finally graphic adventures such as King's Quest II (I spent way too many hours on that game!). In the summer between 5th and 6th grade I got a Nintendo NES, and that's when I really got hooked. I would get home from school and play through Metroid from start to finish in one sitting. Almost every weekend I'd get together with friends, rent a game, and we'd try to get through as much of it as possible before having to return it. Eventually I'd get a Gameboy, a Sega Genesis, a PlayStation, an X-Box, a PlayStation 2, a Game Cube, A Gameboy Advance, a Wii, a 3DS, and a Playstation 3, not to mention a variety of PCs along the way.

The point is, I've been playing games for a long time, and I'm still playing a lot of games. I enjoy talking about the games I'm playing, and I'm as likely to play some obscure retro game, or indie game, as I am to play the latest best seller. A friend of mine suggested that I start this blog as a way to tell the world about the games that I'm playing. I'm not trying to compete with Gamespot or IGN or anything, I'm just going to provide my honest opinion and insight into the games that I'm playing. Hopefully, somebody out there will find useful the information that I provide.

So, I'm not an expert, I'm not a professional game reviewer, I'm just somebody who likes playing games and talking about them. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment