Friday, August 15, 2014

[TRAILER] World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

For the most part, my posts have all been reviews of my personal opinions on whatever game I happen to play through. I figure it's time to expand things a bit, so I'm trying something new with this post. As a way to look to the future of gaming, I'm going to start posting trailers as well, and offer my thoughts on those.

I'll start things off with the newly announced Warlords of Draenor expansion for World of Warcraft.



In case you have trouble keeping up with the bullet points flashing across the screen in the trailer, they include:
  • New world: Draenor
  • Build and upgrade your garrison
  • New character models
  • Level cap raised to 100
  • New dungeons and raids
  • New monsters
  • New world PVP zone
  • New items and rewards
  • Hundreds of new quests
  • Boost to 90 and play immediately

The number of World of Warcraft subscribers have been steadily declining over the past few years due to ever-increasing competition from newer MMOs, many free to play, and it looks as if Blizzard is making a big push to try and reverse that trend. If anything, this should help modernize the look and feel of the decade old game. Will this new release get their cash cow back in the running, or will they become known as just the Hearthstone company? Personally, I'd like a reboot of The Lost Vikings, but maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment